Monday, March 9, 2009

Qaddafi Revisited

When I first read the Qaddafi case study, and throughout class discussion, I felt bewildered trying to reconcile what the government had done. Not only did they botch up big time, but it appeared that the botch was inevitable. The ease with which they misinformed the media, though, is leading me to think that Reagan, the CIA, and Co. maybe weren't as completely useless as the Qaddafi incident has made them seem. Having only taken place about 20 years ago, I'd be surprised if there isn't more to this story than we even know. Otherwise, it's difficult to account for anything that went on in this case; I'd have to agree with Shannon's point. If you're going to lie you need to be good at it and make sure no one finds out. It seems Reagan and his co-conspirators were just hoping the plans would fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.