Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The typical politician

After reading the case study about Clarke, I just had to laugh and role my eyes. The story just seems so typical of any politician. I know I've become extremely cynical about politic and politicians but who can blame me? For the past 8 years, it seems we have been feed to same lies and propaganda, and I'm sick of it. Clarke did what he did and said what he said because it was his job. He was told to spin the situation in the best possible light he could like any other politician would do in the same circumstances. I'm not saying that this justifies or even excuses it, but I feel the situation happens. The whole situation just gives more evidences that dirty hands is going to happen no matter what type of administration is in power. I'm starting to believe it is not the administrations fault though but our own as a nation. Our political leaders are elected officials that need votes to stay in offices. Well, they can not please everyone all the time so lies and back stepping occur to make sure that they stay in office and keep their jobs. This is just a different perspective I have been thinking about for awhile. I would enjoy hearing what the rest of you think about this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.