Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Business of Death

I honestly have no idea how to decide the issue of the money. I feel conflicted to agree with any one solution or ideology on the matter. I wish there was some universal truth we could adhere to in order to end these instances of suffering. That doesn't seem to exist so short of gaining the ability to create a perfect utopia, I guess I will hold strong to my egalitarian plan regardless of logistics. I guess I will stand by my egalitarian idea even if it is flawed. I will comment on Feinberg's discretion. I am bothered with the amount of power Feinberg has. He may not be completely unfair with it but he is using his power unethically. At one point he claimed he was tied by the hands of Congress and then he will give additional funds on his own authority. Why isn't there more people involved? It seems a little strange that Feinberg can easily avoid any kind of oversight because his hands are tied one moment and then the next moment he is free to do whatever. I guess I would like Congress to take more responsibility for his actions. Shouldn't he release all of the amounts paid out to victims or relatives for the sake of transparency? This kind of boils down to my mistrust of him. He is a politician in many ways and I wish someone less wormy would be in control of these types of decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.