Thursday, April 9, 2009

I have often found myself on the side of egalitarian arguments. Of course, every time I get a paycheck and I see anywhere from fifty to a hundred dollars is taken out for taxes, I momentarily forget my egalitarian ideals and curse the system for taking away my hard earned money. This is no different than anyone else I assume. Then I remember them as I get into my government mandated car, driving over nicely paved roads (maybe not in Morris, but you understand the point) and return to my nationally renowned university that is located in a nice, safe town because police officers are getting paid to protect me.

Sometime it kinda sucks to realize that the government is taking what I do actually consider as MY money away, but it's not like if they asked politely they'd recieve anywhere near the amount they need to continue. However, I do believe that if the government could spend a little bit less on programs that aren't working and don't require as much money to work (i.e. war on drugs and the military) Of course, in this lovely hypothetical society I could also checkmark which taxes I wanted to pay and which ones I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.