Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some of my points have been made by Meghan, but what an interesting case. Reading this article made me think of Arizona as a backwards state. I find it interesting to see the evolution of not funding a state health care plan at the state, to then joining Medicare.

When looking at the libertarian perspective, I think of it as a a mini federalist problem. let the counties do what they want. If there are rich counties, it would be unjust to talk that wealth away. Obama comes to mind and I hear the words, "spread the wealth." Spreading the wealth seems to be what the Arizona legislatures were very scared of. Inequality creeps up through the libertarian approach, because of pre-existing condition. I agree with Meghan that the egalitarian approach is too hard to solve. Who has that kind of money?

I have to side with the utilitarian approach here. Even though this is another job I never want to hold, I think that it is full of hard decisions. I think that we must sit our parties down and say hey mam, your drugs or transplant costs too much money and does not benefit the maximum amount of people like using that money to expand basic care would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.